More than 15 tons of used textile waste is generated each year in the United States. According to some estimates, textile waste is set to become an environmental crisis. It’s a big concern of ours because we love our planet.
The startling statistics about textile waste and our involvement in the Downtown Los Angeles community gave us the idea to start our recycling program. Just send any pair of jeans you don’t want anymore, of any brand, and we’ll give you $30 off of a new pair of Genetic Jeans. Your old jeans will be redesigned and repurposed into tote bags and backpacks for homeless children at a monthly event. We'll send pictures of your old jeans as soon as they've been sewn and repurposed.
To take advantage of our recycle program:
1. Open an account at https://geneticlosangeles.com/login.php?action=create_account.
2. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the same email address you used to signup with "Recycle Program" in the subject. Include your mailing address in the body of the email so we can issue the return sticker.
3. We will email you a prepaid return sticker (US customers only, international see below).
4. Print the sticker.
5. Affix the sticker to a large post office envelope, small priority mail box (tyvek envelopes and boxes available free at post office) or use any adequate packaging.
6. Enclosed the pants to be recycled and give it to your postman.
7. After receiving and inspecting your old jeans we will add a $30 store credit to your account.
Please allow 3 to 7 business days for us to receive your jeans and process your request.
In order to get the store credit, send in a pair of jeans, any brand, in any condition.
Final decision on issuing the store credit is at our sole discretion.
This program offers free return shipping for US customers only. International customers have to send the jeans to recycle at their own expense.
Recycle store credits have no cash value and can only be used to purchase a new pair of Genetic Los Angeles jeans from our website http://geneticlosangeles.com.
A store credit can be used alongside a discount coupon.
Store credits do not expire but may be deleted/voided by us without notice if not used within 6 months.
Limit 1 $30 credit per order. If multiple pairs of jeans are sent to be recycled we will issue a $30 coupon valid for as many uses as recycled pairs.